Tuning the Guitar – How to tune your guitar ?
There are 3 main ways of tuning your guitar. You can tune your guitar by using an electronic tuner, or by “ear” with the help of other strings of the guitar, or you can tune by using a keyboard.
If you don't know how to play guitar, click on the link below to learn it easily >>
Become a guitar player by learning online through guitar video tutorials.
Here i will discus how to tune guitar by ear ? :
You can tune your guitar by listening to other strings of same guitar.here is simple way to do this :
- Put your finger on the fifth fret of the sixth string. Now, play the sixth string and the open fifth string. Listen to the two pitches. If the open fifth string sounds lower than the sixth string then tighten the fifth string tuning key until the two notes match. If the open fifth string sounds higher than the first note then loosen the fifth string tuning key.You always adjust the tuning keys of the open string, not the string that you are fretting.
- Next, play the fifth fret on the fifth string and the open fourth string underneath it. Listen to the two pitches carefully and adjust the open fourth string accordingly.
- Play the fourth string at the fifth fret. Listen and tune the open third string to it.
- To tune the second string, play the third string at the fourth fret and tune the open second string to it. This is the only string that does not use the fifth fret as the reference.
- Lastly, play the second string fingered back at the fifth fret and tune the open first string to it.