How to change Windows Logon Screen Using registry editor ?
Steps to change Logon screen manually using Registry Editor :
- Open Registry Editor from start menu or from run. (open start menu search and type Regedit and press enter).
- After opening Registry Editor, Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Authentication > LogonUI > Background” .
- Double Click on “OEMBackground” and change the value Data to 1.
Note : If you can’t find OEMBackground entry, create a new one. It can be done by choosing Edit > New > DWORD.
- Close the Registry Editor. Now choose the Desktop background. Make it certain that the desktop background image is less than 256 KB in size and it shoulds have the same aspect ratio as your screen. This will fit the image on to your screen without strerching it.
- Now you have to change the name of your background image to “backgroundDefault.jpg” and save it to “C:>Windows>System32>oobe>info>backgrounds”. If you can’t find the info folder or background folder then create them manually and paste your desired background image in it.
- Done, enjoy!
Also see :