How to add Addon Domain and install WordPress to hostgator Baby plan ?
An addon domain allows visitors to reach a subdomain of your site by typing the addon domain’s URL into a browser. This means that you can host additional domains from your account, if allowed by your hosting provider. Addon Domains Subdomains are relative to your account’s home directory.
Don’t get confused between addon domain and subdomain, addon domains are having their unique web address (example : http://msblogworld.com/) while Subdomains are URLs for different sections of your website. They use your main domain name and a prefix. For example, if your domain is http://msworldsite.com/ a sub-domain of your domain might be support.msworldsite.com.
Addon domains will not function unless the domain name is registered with a valid registrar and configured to point to the correct DNS servers.
In Hostgator Baby Plan you are allowed to host multiple domains as addon domain to your single registered account. This means you only pay for one hostgator (Baby plan) Service and can make multiple blog, each of them having their unique web address.
How to add addon domain to your baby plan and install wordpress to it ?
- For adding addon domain to your main domain, first of all you must have Hostgator Baby plan activated for your main domain. Let take main domain as http://msworldsite.com/ (Baby Plan is activated for this domain).
- Now we want to install addon domain on the main domain hosting service, so, we have to buy a domain from same hosting provider. Let we have bought domain http://msblogworld.com/ which will be used as addon domain.
- To add addon domain :
>> Login to your hostgator control pannel >> Go to domains section and click on addon domains .
>> Now create your addon domain. example : msblogworld.com ( Note : you should have already purchased this domain to use it as an addon domain)
How to install wordpress on add on domain ?
- Open control panel >> Go to Softwares/Services section and click on quick install .
- Now click on WordPress under Blog software, see the image.
- Click on Continue.
- Select domain which you want to use as addon domain, see the image.
- Fill the required area, see the image below and click on install now .
- Congratulation!! you have successfully installed wordpress on your addon domain, similarly you can install wordpress on subdomains also.