Today, youth are engaging in various social networking website which is good as well as bad.Facebook is one of the biggest.Facebook is the largest online social network. Founded in February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and fellow Harvard students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. In 2008 Facebook had 100 million users and as of March 2013 has 1.11 Billion. Facebook filed for a $5 billion IPO on February 1st 2012 and valued the company at $104 billion.
From the age of 13,kids and teenagers have Facebook account.As they don’t know the aspects of societies they easily falls as prey for unsocial elements by communicating through Facebook via messaging .S,to avoid it here are some points which should help in detecting Facebook fake account:
1.Browse photos in the profile.If you find 1 or 2 profile pic,its 90% sure that the account is fake.
2. Look for status updates,wall posts and comments.If the user hasn’t updated a status for quite a long time and hasn’t been involved in any wall posting or commenting of other statuses,it means that the profile is likely to be fake.
3. Look at the recent activities.If it is that the user has just been adding random peoples and making new friends,and that there are no pages liked or groups joined,it suggests that the user is determined in just adding people and hence the profile is fake.
4. Check out the friend list.If found that maximum of the friends are of the opposite gender,it can be assumed that the profile is used either for fun or for random dating.
5. Check the info.If found that there is no ideal links given regarding school or education institutions or workplace and that the user is looking for dating and interested in both men and women,it shows signs of falseness.
6. Check the birth date.Birth dates like 1/1/XX…..or……31/12/XX are common between fake accounts as it is quite unique and easy to type in.
7. Fake profiles of girls usually have a contact no. in their info. Lets face it,girls hardly will have their contact no. in public.So watch out if the user exposes info that is unlikely for general users to unveil in public.
8. Look out for recent wall posts,if u see loads of people asking…’THANKS FOR THE ADD….DO I KNOW YOU’……and yet the posts remains unanswered…it is bound to be a fake one.
9. Look for common traits used in Facebook,like using applications such as farmville,pet society etc….and adding siblings.If these traits are not found among the user, the profile is highly inactive or fake.This point can’t highhandedly prove the falseness,however this will be a supporting clue along with other points.
10. If you are quite certain about the profile’s falseness,and want to be absolutely sure, try browsing Google for some random profile pictures. Fake profile pictures are usually selected from Google and while browsing through it,you might as well come upon the picture the user chose for the fake account.
So this was a minor summary of points to note while detecting a fake account on Facebook.Thus beware of suck fake accounts which may lead to privacy dilemmas or likewise.Hope you people like the article and it benefits you in case you try to detect any suck profile…..!
FOR MORE COMPUTER TIPS AND TRICKS STAY TUNED ON MSWORLDSITE AND SUBSCRIBE IT NOW.
CONTACT US FOR FURTHER QUERIES.